Monday, 5 January 2015

Be Brave, Go Bold


I used to be a self confessed nude lip-gloss-aholic. This time last year nude/slightly pink shimmery lip glosses were the only product in the lip section of my make up collection.

I don't know why but I didn't feel confident enough to wear anything else. I felt people would stare at me and judge me and I just didn't want that. I wanted my make up to have that barely there look that just evened out my skin tone and gave me some eyebrows.

That was until I put on my big girl pants and decided just to go for it and give it a whirl. The first bold colour I bought was Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in shade 30 and I remember the day I first wore it out in public. My mum said 'ooo what's with the lipstick?' An acquaintance on the nursery school pick up said 'you're looking very glam today' I wanted to dig a big hole and jump right in it. I didn't feel confident enough to be wearing this colour. 'Why am I wearing this in the middle of the day?' I thought to myself and I started to subtlety try and blot it off onto my hand.

So I decided to buy a few more bold lips. I hate wasting things so I knew if I bought them I would use them. And I did. Over the past few months I've grown to love bold lips. I'd recommend that anyone who doesn't feel confident to wear a bright, bold, colourful lip should just go for it. Now, I no longer care what people say or indeed think about my choice in lip colour. I'm wearing it because I love it and it makes me feel good and that is all that matters.



A few of my favourites over the past few months have been

Do you wear bold lips? What are your favourites?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment... I love hearing from you xoxo